Saturday, December 17, 2016

KB2 Custom Fly Rods - It's About Catchin' Fish and Makin' Stuff


I started fishing at a very early age, mostly gear fishing for Walleye, Bass, Trout and others in the lakes and rivers in Eastern Washington.  My wife and I were fortunate enough to buy property in North Idaho on one of the tributaries of the beautiful St. Joe River called Big Creek.  I spent most of my time in the first couple of years building a cabin, but every once in a while I would take a little time to go fly fishing. 

Our Cabin on Big Creek
Since that time, my obsession has grown to include tying my own flies, and building my own fly rods.  It has now evolved into the creation of KB2 Custom Fly Rods.  



For me fly fishing represents all that I enjoy in life.  Spending time with my family and friends, enjoying the beautiful outdoors, the excitement of the hunt while trying to entice a chunky 'westslope cuttie' to my fly, and for the stories we can tell.  KB2 Custom Fly Rods is a natural evolution, because now I can bring my professional aspirations in line with my love of fly fishing.

A Beautiful Westslope Cutthroat from Big Creek

I will use this blog to discuss the ins and outs of fly rods, and all other aspects of fly fishing.  If you have any questions about rods, or other topics you would like me to discuss, drop me I line, I have never been afraid to share my opinion. 

Regards and Tight Lines, 

No comments: